For any questions related to your order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's what we don't refund (or re-ship):
- Decks sent to the wrong mailing address. If you entered an invalid address that left our warehouse, man — that's a bummer! We respect your disappointment and leave the accountability with you.
- Decks delivered to people who experience a change of heart. We have our own fickle moments, although do note that our items are final sale.
Here's what we do refund:
- Compass cards accepts returns within thirty days for items that are defective or otherwise damaged in transit.
While we don't expect to process many, here's how we'll rock with it:
- Return Shipping: Is it damaged?
- Yes: Email email@example.com with a picture, receipt, and detailed description of what ain't right. If your product was damaged in transit, we'll issue you a new one or reimburse you for return shipping.
- No: While we respect a change of heart, this is your fish to fry, my friend. (Translation: we will not refund this order.)
- Retail: If you purchased the product from one of our retail partners, work with them directly to process a return. (Think: If they are the ones who took your money, they will be the ones to give back said money).
- Digital: If you purchased this through compass cards directly, we'll be responsible for managing your return. When your return is received, we'll send you an email to notify you we received it. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of said refund. If approved, your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to the original method of payment. If not approved, you can think about how this echoes a theme of rejection in your life and have a moody soliloquy. Then, in a beat of heart, you'll stumble upon Jia Jang's TED talk. You'll watch it. Inspired!, you'll tear back the sheet, wipe the Cheeto dust from your maw.............
- Late or Missing Refunds
- "Where is your money??", A Nancy Drew Sleuthing Original:
- (1) Check your bank account.
- (2) Contact your credit card company – it may take a moment for your refund to post.
- (3) Contact your bank. Like your credit card, there is often some processing time between when your credit card company receives the return and when it posts.
- (4) Done all that? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounted items are final sale. We do not offer refunds for decks purchased with a discount or at sale pricing.
We'll replace decks if they arrive defective or damaged. This is a lose-lose-lose scenario (for you, for us, and for our fulfillment partners), so do anticipate some thoughtful questioning. Our aim isn't to interrogate you – our intention is to understand how this happened so that we can avoid it in the future. For the sad souls whose cards arrived a little banged up in transit (it happens, to people and cards alike), send us an email at email@example.com with a picture, receipt, and detailed explanation of whatever else feels relevant. We'll make it right from there!
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you. The awkward thing is: the only thing we sell........ is compass cards. You're better off regifting, tbh. "Omg, Becky, I saw this and just thought – it's you."
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and they will find out about your return. Awkwardly.
To return your product, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a good address.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping over $50 worth of cards, consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We can't guarantee that we will receive your returned item. (That's a USPS/UPS/FedEx/carrier pigeon/Hedwig thing.)